Discounted Book Orders
Book Sales and Autographing
When I visit your school, students, teachers, and staff can purchase my books directly from my publisher at a special 40% school discount! During my visit, I will sign and personalize all the books.
Here’s how it works:
- First, get in touch with Dominique Peck at Candlewick Press at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (617) 588‑4524. Dominique will provide you with an up-to-date list of books currently in stock and will guide you through the process. She can also send you digital images of the book covers if you need them. (I can also send you an information sheet from Candlewick Press with instructions on how to order books.)
- Print the Backpack Book Order form or make one like it. Next, four to five weeks before my visit, distribute the form to teachers, so students can take them home to their caregivers.
- Everyone returns their flyers, with checks made out to your school or PTO. Now you know how many books to order.
- Please place your order 3 or 4 weeks prior to my visit.
- On the day of my visit, we will set aside 30–45 minutes for me to sign books. If I don’t get to all of the books during the school day, I’ll stay after school until they are all signed.
- Or as an alternative: Instead of ordering books from the publisher, some schools choose to order books through a local bookstore. If you choose to go that route, I’m happy to provide an order form for the store to use.
Note: The Backpack Book Order form lists books at their discounted price. If you choose, you can charge more and use the book sale as a fund raiser. I’m happy to email you a word document of the order form, which you can edit however you like.
If you have any questions, please contact Dominique Peck or email me directly.